“Pay attention when you turn onto Circus Road...that in itself is one of the most magical memories a lot of us have! It means the beginning of one of the most incredible things you are about it do. Savour it!”
Willow was right. I couldn't keep from grinning as Rachel turned onto circus road and the next chapter of my life began. There was a definite moment of transition to circus from, well, life before circus. And we haven't really even started yet! Trailers, tents going up, the pie car, the barn... no denying this is circus life. And these are circus people. The way I talk theatre these people talk circus. And I love it.
The barn is gorgeous - isolated and really visually inspiring. A mix of people here; many long time Smirkos. There are so many sounds and voices, and a lot of laughter. There’s a buzz about the barn, some nerves (at least on my end) and palpable excitement. It’s the beginning of something special. Something that’s both old and new, full of traditions but ever-changing. And I’m a part of it... and I’m so grateful. It’s totally awesome and totally exciting. It’s totally Smirkus.
No comments:
Post a Comment