Saturday, June 11, 2011

we've got magic to do...

We take jobs for many reasons - money, location, convenience, advancement, a challenge.  We take jobs because they serve a purpose, or because we hope they will.  Some people have hobbies outside of their work, some strive to make their hobbies into their work.  I've always found that I can only work where I love.  I have had MANY jobs, and started working at age 13.  But unless I truly adore what I'm doing, I don't last long, no matter how good the pay is.  That is the reason I've stayed at FLCT for so long.  That theatre is my family, my home, my livelihood, and what I do best.  Mainly, though, it's the only place I've found that magic which I find so crucial to the world.  That thing that so few camps and schools have - where the adults are kids and the kids are responsible and there's a blending of friendships through the ages.  But it's here, that THING that MAGIC that WONDER... it's here at the barn.  We have 10 year olds learning from 18 year olds and 13 year olds hanging with coaches. Of course there is always a perfectly maintained professionalism among all staff -- which is part of what's so incredible.  How everyone here balances wonder and whimsy with responsibility and sound mind is unique and beyond admirable. 

These kids are incredible, talented, weird, funny, special, silly, wonderful... I could go on and on.  I've run out of steam tonight (7am is new to this girl)... but words can't describe how happy I am, how at home I am, how excited I am.



Thank you, universe, for the best life I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment