Sunday, June 26, 2011

and i think to myself, what a wonderful world


A brisk 7 minute walk up 'the hill' brings one to what I consider the most beautiful spot in Smirkus territory.  Once at the top, it seems as if the whole world is visible.  The sky is huge, filled with gigantic clouds (that Emma adorably wanted to reach out and touch).  There are mountains in the distance surrounding us, making us feel protected (though according to many they're "more like big hills." I think they forget where I'm from...).  The chapiteau looks beautiful and bursts with potential, promising a summer filled with laughter and amazement.  All of this is wonderful, but it was the simple thought of a 15 year old girl that makes this hill so special to me.  Tonight as we sat staring out into the universe, considering our places in it and wondering what's to come, Una said, "I wish we could bring all the bad people in the world here. Then they could see that it really is beautiful and good." How uncomplicated it all seems sometimes.  How wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment